The Children's Involvement Team is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Children's Involvement Team may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13th October 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- First name (but never your surname)
- Your age
- Whether you are in care or not.
- Your contact information including email address.
- Your views on being in care in Sheffield.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to:
- Find out if you are in care in Sheffield and if so we would like to see if you would be interested in joining us at the children in care council. So we need your contact details to arrange to meet up and tell you more about it.
- If you do not want to join us but are in care in Sheffield we still really want to listen to your views on being in care and make sure we feed it into the work we are doing so that you are represented.
- We may take your views to the Children in Care Council or appropriate Council employees and share what you have said but we would change your first name when doing this to ensure that when sharing it with the wider group you could not be identified.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Children's Involvement Team, Level 3, Moorfoot Building, Sheffield, S1 4PL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.