How to stay active during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There are lots of things that you can do to stay active whilst you
have to stay at home…
- Make the most of your daily exercise; go for a run, walk or cycle
- Set yourself some goals as to how far you want to go each day. You could use your daily exercise to reach a 5k running goal!
- Do some urban exploring around your local area. See if you can
discover some new parks you haven’t been to before
- Play music and dance
- Play ten pin bowling using old plastic bottles and a ball.
- Make an assault course in your home
You can stay active from the comfort of your own home too:
Download an interval HIIT timer app (there are lots of free ones) and choose five exercises to do for 20 seconds with 10 seconds rest inbetween. Exercises can include squats, lunges, sar jumps, press ups, high knees etc.
Set up an obstacle course or a circuit training session. There are some good ideas here:
Do some fitness classes with Joe Wicks. He is live streaming PE classes Monday to Friday at 9am, but you can also catch up on his YouTube channel anytime https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
Try out Yoga. There are loads of different sessions to try on Yoga with Adriene’s YouTube channel
Get dancing! Work on your moves by trying out Zumba or a dance work out. There are loads on YouTube, such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAJ6EQtGZ28